Saturday, July 29, 2017

Changes and a new chapter

July 31, 2017 marks a change in my career and focus.

Starting January 2012, I worked in one form or other for a software company called CloudCraze. CloudCraze is a game-changing B2B ecommerce system built wholly on the Salesforce platform.

CloudCraze was founded by EDL Consulting CEO Bill Loumpouridis and spawned out of EDL's  ecommerce and Salesforce practices (EDL is now part of Simplus), and was then acquired by Aktion Partners in August 2015 (these are the guys who built the Acquity Group, took it public and then sold to Accenture a few years back).

From January 2012 through August 2015, a small group of us built the software and implementation practice up, then got a huge boost when the Aktion Partner guys bought and invested in the key people and IP, creating CloudCraze Software LLC. The growth trajectory has rocketed steadily up, and one can find their news stories and media posts on further investments and new customer acquisitions.

In short - CloudCraze is a growing Hybris-killer, Magento-squasher, Websphere-masher... and I'm done.

CloudCraze and my former colleagues there will continue to kill it in the B2B ecommerce space, but as for me, starting August 2017, I'm excited to be part of the team at a unique management consulting firm called Farwell Project Advisors LLC.

I'll be narrowing my focus once again to the project management space, advising Farwell clients on portfolio, program and project strategies and execution and related areas like change management and Agile implementation and coaching.

I'm also continuing and extending my academic focus. I will continue to teach for UW-Madison (Agile Project Management and Project Management seminars and courses) and UW-Platteville (courses in the Master of Science in Project Management Program). I will also be re-starting work towards a doctorate, beginning with some coursework in Organizational Change Leadership at my beloved UW-Platteville (I'm an alumn, an adjunct professor, and a parent of a Pioneer) prior to transferring into a doctoral program somewhere TBD.

I can't say "watch this space" since I have not exactly been prolific, but hopefully my writing output will increase. Time will tell.

No comments: